Monday, April 12, 2010

Back to the Beat

If you're a well educated fan of Motion City Soundtrack, you'll know that "Back to the Beat" is the title track of the band's first EP. I chose the words, one, because Motion City Soundtrack is one of my favorite bands as well as a sort of second family to me. And two, because the words "back to the beat" remind me that no matter what I go through in life, I can always go back to the music to find my way. I remember talking to Tony (drums) about the possibility of my getting a MCS tattoo and he laughed it off. I showed up at Warped Tour that summer with my tattoo... it was the first MCS tattoo the band had seen. Three years later, Justin (vocals/guitar), whom I had never spoken to about my tattoo, introduced me to his parents as the girl "with our lyrics tattooed on her ass" -- yep. Nno regrets. I plan to have my friend Ian add to this tattoo next time we get a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment